Code:
[b]Your squad leader:[/b]
[b]Feedback:[/b]

Post subject: Re: 15/01/2012 @ 2000 PRT - FOOLS ROAD - FEEDBACK
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 06:44 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

xact
The transport part of the battleplan was not adhered to because there was a mixup with the transport (last-minute doubts whether the techies will spawn at round start). Comms between squads was OK although there were a few cases of SLs using broadcast when they should have spoken to a squad directly. Inf squads seemed to get pwnd more than expected. Spec ops seemed to do OK except for letting through some armour at the end. Mortars did very well. Armour squad did OK and would have done better if they were not spawnraped in the last 10-20 minutes.

My squad (Outlaws - QRF) took out several APCs with the SPG techie and some infantry with direct combat and mortars. We performed in our QRF/support role in the first half of the battle, then acted as recon infantry for the remainder of the battle. I feel that we could have been used as QRF/support for the entire battle.

Comms was our biggest handicap on this battle, in my opinion. We need to be clearer about which squad takes which kit and asset. For example, there were several cases of confusion about HAT kit and SPG.

On the whole, it was a good battle and a lot of fun :)

"Killing is negotiation."--Black Hawk Down, Abdullah 'Firimbi' Hassan

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 17:10 
Grunt
Grunt

Had we had one or two more inf squads on Clearance we would have won. Sword platoon managed to stop the enemy from capping and stayed there for about 15 minutes, but received no reinforcements at all and eventually got wiped out.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 17:15 

Sword was an attacking platoon, shouldn't had expected backup from anyone but mortars and QRF. Shield left their position which they were supposed to hold and the flag got quite easily out capped.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 18:17 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

[quote="Silly_Karo"]Sword was an attacking platoon

Squad Leader: Rusty

Sword was an attacking platoon at the beginning but after that spawned on mortar fob, and went to Clearing flag to defence/hold the flag without any kind of support. And platoon had to spread out because of 1 static APC which stayed in same position around 10 minutes without moving a inch. I think we need to improve some ''quick response'' tactics for these kind situations. Generally CQB performance was not bad for our side, but their reinforcements were awesome. They didn't let us to sit on our asses for 2 minutes, they kept coming over and over again. We failed at that point in my opinion as a grunt. ''Support the attacks''.

At last, i had fun. Thanks to everyone who took a part in battle yesterday.

Last edited by Fandango on 16 Jan 2012, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 18:48 
Grunt
Grunt

[quote="Silly_Karo"]Sword was an attacking platoon, shouldn't had expected backup from anyone but mortars and QRF. Shield left their position which they were supposed to hold and the flag got quite easily out capped.

We were not even attacking. We were the only friendlies on the Clearance when it went white.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 15:39 

There were a few factors that led us to move away from the actual battleplan. Mostly it was happening after we made the second flag white and fought in the woods. The Griffons were then pushed back earlier than the Lions, thus they were charged with defending while Lions were still fighting. In the middle they were switched in positions and once again switched in the end when Lions held the Fort.

In my opinion the battleplan works as a general guideline of what is hopefully happening. A lot of factors can immediately change that and whoever is in charge need to be able to adapt and work around that. This was one of those cases.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 16:50 
Grunt
Grunt

You aren't getting my point. Griffons were defending clearance while Lions were in the fort even though it was not cappable yet.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 20:44 

[quote="Navo"]You aren't getting my point. Griffons were defending clearance while Lions were in the fort even though it was not cappable yet.

I actually missed your post Navo, sorry about that.

The reson I pulled them there was because at that moment Clearance was neutral and Griffons + NEW were all down. I pulled them to the fort to make sure we had people at that place, defending it. They were given orders to assist you with the field guns if possible.
Then you all surprised me by holding the cap much longer than I expected. Had you requested support from them I would have given it to you. That is a major problem in comms to the CO, virtually no squads communicate when they are taking casualties nor when they need support. As a CO you need those comms so you can direct the squads around. Keep that in mind.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 21:49 
Grunt
Grunt

Fair enough.