PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec

Is SQUAD a shooter or a MILSIM?

Post subject: Re: Is SQUAD a shooter or a MILSIM?
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 08:53 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

Just poke me on TS Murkey, i also what to try Squad with a Group of Ducks.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 13:28 
Grunt
Grunt

I could be up for that too!
So far I think they're getting there. The controllability is definitely different from PR:BF2. But something that can be tweaked and made better. Also, IMO, all the M4 sights, iron and scope, suck so far. AK ironsights ftw.
Aanyway, I did have a blast playing with pubs once, we got a good effort with Taleban, with one supporting/suppressing element, and one assaultin element. Needless to say, we steamrolled the US forces.

It's still way too early to say anything. But I have faith.

Edit - To answer the question: Right now it's most def. more of a shooter. You can lonewolf and rek nubs as you please, but with more players, vehicles, and balancing (A.k.a. development) It might take the game more in the direction of a team-oriented milsim-ish shooter tentacle-hentai-rpg game. But we have to give feedback if we don't like the way it's going. I have a bunch of friends who love the PR concept, but are turned off by the BF2 graphics... Fucking casuals.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 20:31 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Abchaz wrote:
It might take a lot of years for it to feel like a normal game. I'm imagining it in the phase where PR was when it was started. You had to improve it over and over again until it became what we have today. Same will go for Squad imo. Don't expect the game to meet your expectations now. The thing is, new engine is not limiting the developers now. That's why I think it might even surpass project reality in a few years.

So much this.

What you play right now is a game ripped off its core features that are yet to be implemented. And it will be a different game, it will not be Project Reality 2, so don't go in with the "PR or nothing" attitude. Games evolve.
And yes, 'never change a running system' - which is why teamplay will be key.

If you have any questions regarding development (within reasonable frame, we have NDA,...) feel free to ask Mike, Turista, Norby, DonDon, Yrkidding or me. PR faction is strong in the testing team (also rPoxo, ODS people, disnoxxio, and others are members), so do not worry for now :)