PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

[Brainstorming] 3dAC and Insurgency

Post subject: Re: 3dAC and Insurgency
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 12:25 
Grunt
Grunt

Tbh the more i think about it the more i think that 1 cache and having a defend objective + attack objective for insurgents would not be a good idea. Why turn the game into something as simple as "you either defend this or attack that". You could enjoy that type of gameplay in AAS if thats what you want. When we play insurgency as insurgents we are given two possible defense objectives. We have the freedom of CHOOSING how intensively we need to defend either objective. You can also roam the map freely to disturb any plans that the bluefor guys have of attacking your caches. Opfor on insurgency has SO MUCH potential in terms of innovation and freedom to choose how you play it that it would be a sin to dumb it down to "attack this or defend that".

Lets focus on expanding innovation on the insurgents side rather then trying to control how people play the game. Insurgency is where we have the freedom of being creative. Unlike AAS where the only creativity you have is FOB placement and how and when you rush/defend flags.

Not to sound elitist, but people who play PR are generally smarter than people which play other modern FPS games. Let them have the opportunity to be more creative rather then force both attack and defend objectives onto them.

Also I have no idea why you guys want to remove mortars from 2km INS maps.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 13:45 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
Why turn the game into something as simple as "you either defend this or attack that".

Currently is as simple as "Just defend", by adding the CNC part I'm adding more possibilities to the insurgents then the current gameplay.

I said it many times and I say it again, with two objectives you can choose the intensity that you defend any of those objectives but that does have DIRECT impact on the game, because its up to the Blufor team to attack or not.
A proper blufor team will just farm kills waiting for a 2nd cache, leaving the insurgents in a boring gameplay of waiting for the enemy.

I'm hoping that one cache will give, to the insurgents, more freedom. Why?

50 players, 2 caches, per cache you can have
-> 2 Squads defending and 1 squad roaming around

50 players, 1 cache
-> 2 Squads defending and 4 roaming around

These 4 squads mean that the map, and not the 100m radius around the cache, are a dangerous place to be, not like the current insurgency that only makes blufor players to be careful once they are near the cache.

I understand that 1 cache brings new problems, but we need to start think outside the box, 'cause currently its hard to have fun in insurgency.

*Bear in mind that the 1 cache thingy implies an overall in cache's locations.

**why remove mortars from 2/4 Km maps? ?cause if the fob gets mortars you can simply move it, if the flag is being mortared you can fall back,unlike insurgency where falling back means that a breacher could rush and kill the cache and you can't move the cache, this means that blufor players only need to aim for the cache marker and farm kills.

Last edited by UTurista on 06 Sep 2014, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 13:49 
Grunt
Grunt

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

Hmmm maybe, MAYBE, because they just roflstomp everything on the cache and make defense even harder and frustrating? And with UAV you can't even come up with counter-mortars as you'll get mortared before you're even done digging. Mortars just ruin gameplay completely, should just remove them from the mod altogether.

We need only 1 cache. Atm it's half the team thinking they're super-cool and do 'ambushing' (AKA getting owned over and over while causing no significant impact to the enemy) while the other half of the team has to further spread itself in half to defend 2 caches which have an 80% probability of being in a terrible position.

Last edited by Stealthgato on 06 Sep 2014, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 13:58 
Grunt
Grunt

Stealthgato wrote:
Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

Hmmm maybe, MAYBE, because they just roflstomp everything on the cache and make defense even harder and frustrating? And with UAV you can't even come up with counter-mortars as you'll get mortared before you're even done digging. Mortars just ruin gameplay completely, should just remove them from the mod altogether.

to have successful mortars you need quality intel, good mortar operators, good SL comms, and people willing to do ammo runs.
When your team invests heavily into such a thing AND are skilled at it they become a POWERFUL force. Maybe skill, dedication, and teamwork should be rewarded instead of being shrugged off and called "OP"???

same thing goes for inf, armor, cas, everything in life.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 14:31 
Grunt
Grunt

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
Stealthgato wrote:
Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

to have successful mortars you need quality intel, good mortar operators, good SL comms, and people willing to do ammo runs.
When your team invests heavily into such a thing AND are skilled at it they become a POWERFUL force. Maybe skill, dedication, and teamwork should be rewarded instead of being shrugged off and called "OP"???

same thing goes for inf, armor, cas, everything in life.

You make it sound as if it's the most demanding thing in PR, when it actually takes very little effort for way too devastating effect.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 11:41 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

[quote=Brooklyn-Tech]*snip*[/quote]
Whats your opinion on attempt #3? By moving the cache's location marker up to half the map's size and giving that 2nd marker to insurgents we allow the insurgency team to choose between defending the real cache or the fake one. We also add, to the gameplay, proper (blufor) recon squads that need to scout for the real cache's location.

And this is all in  paralel with the CNC part of the gameplay.

Last edited by UTurista on 07 Sep 2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 12:34 
Grunt
Grunt

its a lot better than just reducing it to 1 cache + 1 fob to attack.
However if the marker gets increasingly more accurate for bluefor it should not be linear so that after a couple rounds of the new gamemode bluefor will be able to predict the cache location.

I dont think insurgents need a set objective given to them. Their objective is to prevent bluefor from achieving their objective. Opfor has the freedom of creativity when it comes to thinking of ways to do this. They have many tools (and should have EVEN more). By having SO MANY options at their disposal, Bluefor can not accurately predict what tactic insurgent will play. This keeps PR interesting and playable so many times. Insurgents may ambush with RPGs and IEDs. They could also take a different approach and make civie mobs and drain bluefor intel points. They can make .50cal techy patrols. Ambush with SPG's. Rain down on bluefor with the rocket techy. Bomb cars.

people which complain about being insurgent need to stop thinking of it as just a guy with a shitty rifle and need to think of it as an OPPORTUNITY to be creative and try new and unexpected things. this is why i think increasing the sprint speed and stamina will be a good thing. It will open up EVEN MORE possibility.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 13:46 
OA

Hey Turista, gotta talk to you regarding the event, or talk to curry in private please if you cant catch me on TS today.

Cheers,
K4on

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 18:37 
Supreme Commanding Officer
Supreme Commanding Officer

Any update on this? Should I organize a gameplay test?

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 23:36 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Sorry but I had to halt this project, between projects for college, PRT and the PRSPY app I found no time for this one.

I'll try to resume this project as soon as possible

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next