PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

[Discussion] HardCore Server

Post subject: Re: HardCore Server
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 18:43 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Both limited amount of players and a modified server don't work because of a bug with passwording servers.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 19:02 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

the bug that you can't set player counts between 100 and 64 for linux should been fixed afaik. The other bug that you most likley are refering is with reserved slots and passwords.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 23:01 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

Curry-Chicken wrote:
Fandango wrote:
I just didn't like 100p at all, from beginning to the end. You guys might want to give it a try with low numbers, at least for the start.

Which number do you have in mind? MeRk plays with 80 slots, is that better?

Fandango wrote:
Another thing which can really shine and bring something new to the table is Insurgency Remake. Totally radical changes not just the tweaking little here and there. Removing UAV, Mortars, Rally points, no stamina for insurgents, tunnel spawn system with appropriate times (probably impossible) and so on.

All possible, but that is a huge project. Onil has some great suggestions about a new version of insurgency but who can code it? Discussing and brainstorming is one thing Fanda, if we don't do it ourselfs it won't happen :D

Curry.

For the exact number, honestly I don't know. Since so many stuff changes its actual effect, like maplist, assets etc. but maximum 80p feels better than 100p in my opinion. People who were playing regularly can give more suitable feedback on this though, don't take my word for it.

About the Insurgency, I just don't know the lines to see what kind of change needs serious coding or little tweak. I have no idea. If someone can be kind to explain the red lines roughly, we can shape our ideas to keep it more simple and possible.

Also that explanation can help to draw a general picture to see what other changes can be made about SAM's current project, some new ideas might appear instead of following almost the same way as QRF.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 00:43 
Grunt
Grunt

since I have no idea how we would implement such modifications to the gameplay maybe someone could post how this could be done, or even better say what things are possible to change on the server side and what is not. That would make the "modification suggestion" process easier, relevant, and more doable.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 01:01 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

Nate(GER) wrote:
I think asset spawn times are map-sided, so cannot be changed. Having all the assets back in the game after such a short amount of time makes the biggest part of spammy gameplay for me, since having killed a valuable asset does not give a real tactical advantage anymore.
If everyone is aware of the higher ticket costs - might work as an incentive to be more careful.

Wrong, asset spawn times can be changed server-sided. Since you were inactive you probably did not notice, but we had increased vehicle spawn times on our server for the last couple of weeks.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 08:10 

I wouldnt change too much because of the QRF experience, but we should "correct" some DEV mistakes:

-Vehiclespawntimes should be increased like most of you said
-use the old 0.98 RP
-4 Spawnfobs are enough

The most import think is the administrating. We should have alot of admins to manage the server and still have fun while doing this.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 08:52 
Supreme Commanding Officer
Supreme Commanding Officer

What is the main goal of customizing the server? For me I want the breaks back, the time windows you had in .98 when you accomplished something: taking down an assets, killing an INF squad or successfully ambushing and sabotage. The time we used to reorganize, rearm and get briefed for the next mission. When it came to INF squads it was not more that 3 minutes, but you don’t have those 3 minutes anymore. I guess there are several ways of getting back to that kind of environment.  
Personally I believe 4 FOBs are not enough. Sure we want to slow down the general gameplay and allow more tactics but we are talking about a public server and you all know how many retards are running around. Think of Ramiel as ARF if US as capped the first flag, US rushes all the other flags and the ARF has no chance to redeploy to the flags and defend, same on Lashkar once GER has got the first flag.
IMO the FOB system was fine in .98 and we shouldn’t break a working system. Maybe go down to a maximum of 5 FOBs to encounter the other changes such as 100p and 8p squads. Lets play couple of round with the possibility to build 5 FOBs but use only 4 and share the experience and discuss it.
Playing with 4 FOBs is too optimistic, I mean who builds FOBs these days anyway? Finrar, lol.

Curry.

edit:
Also take a look here: http://www.qrf-clan.de/changes.html

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 10:40 

My system:

Rallypoints:
  • Needs 1 Squadmembers close to SL to place it.
  • Expires after 90 seconds
  • Needs 5 Minutes to reload | Reloads instantly if near a friendly FOB
  • Cannot be placed if an enemy is less than 1/2 big grid away from you (distance is halved according to map sizes)
  • Gets overrun if at least 2 enemies are less than 1/4 big grid away from it (distance is halved according to map sizes)

Fobs:
  • Reduced max. amount of FOBs from 6 to 5

Objectives:
  • Increased number of players needed to neutralize an objective from 2 to 3

Dead Time:
  • Increased spawn time after being killed from 45 to 60 seconds

Ticketcost:
New Values
-15 = CAS
-10 = TANK, IFV, Trans
-08 = APC, AAV, Recon
-05 = Jeeps, Trucks
-01 = Soldier

Basicly i looked at the QRF changes and removed some...

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 12:05 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Spook_485 wrote:
Nate(GER) wrote:
I think asset spawn times are map-sided, so cannot be changed. Having all the assets back in the game after such a short amount of time makes the biggest part of spammy gameplay for me, since having killed a valuable asset does not give a real tactical advantage anymore.
If everyone is aware of the higher ticket costs - might work as an incentive to be more careful.

Wrong, asset spawn times can be changed server-sided. Since you were inactive you probably did not notice, but we had increased vehicle spawn times on our server for the last couple of weeks.

My bad, sorry. It wasn't on the change/changelog-Website though :D

4 - 5 FOBs are fine imo. I get Currys point with the public match and the old working system. But having 32 people spawn from FOBs or having 50 people spawn from FOBs sure makes kind of a difference. On the other hand, you often don't even have more than 4 or 5 FOBs built anyways (unless you have Finrar in your team :P ).

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 15:05 
Grunt
Grunt

in terms of rally expiration time:

I think it should be only a few seconds longer than player respawn time. I think a squad leader should be able to drop a rally before deploying a FOB so that in case the FOB kills him, he has the ability not to waste time unnecessarily.

15sec minimum, 30sec max.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next