PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

[Brainstorming] 3dAC and Insurgency

Post subject: Re: 3dAC and Insurgency
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 16:40 
Grunt
Grunt

I say:

- Only 1 cache at a time;
- No mortars;
- 20 minute respawn time on armored vehicles.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 17:33 
Grunt
Grunt

20 min respawn on heavy assets should be in PR in general, not just INS.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 17:48 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

I always said BluFor needs 2 cache. They can get really unlucky with a cache which they basically cant take. Maybe just increase the IPs needed to reveal the second cache when one is already known.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 18:02 
Grunt
Grunt

honestly we should remove extremely easy/hard caches and add a BUNCH of new medium ones. Idk what "1 cache" would solve tbh. It would "dumb" the gamemode down to make it easier/more obvious/give less possibility for tactical decisions.

To "fix" (improve is a better word) insurgency we need to think of ways to make being an insurgent more attractive to more people. Not make it harder for bluefor to win. Instead of trying to balance the possibility of a side winning we should balance the amount of people wanting to play either faction. Look at most AAS layouts of INS maps (like ramiel for example). ARF starts with a shit load of tickets which try to compensate the huge amount of deaths they get to make both teams have an equal chance of winning. Nobody seems to care that being ARF on Ramiel AAS is more of a chore than a pleasure for most players. That's the problem with INS factions. Not shit like how many caches they have or if bluefor could use mortars or not.

We need to think of ways to make being an insurgent more fun/playable. I personally think giving them greater sprint speed AND more total stamina will help a lot. Small change but will contribute to the development of new possibilities of attacking for those forces. I thought that having more potential for different tactical maneuvers was a good thing in PR..

not only would a change like that be realistic (since they dont have any body armor) it would, in my opinion, contribute positively to the gameplay aspect.

Possible downside (trying to think of negative exploits that could result from this): civies would have an easier time running from bluefor. Then again IRL armies dont go around trying to arrest every civilian they find. The ones that used up their sprint before coming into contact w/ enemies or the ones that get shotgunned would be getting arrested.

Also: 1 cache, same 1km/2km map from 0.97 and  more insurgents due to 100m hideout radius all on a 100 player server. No thank you. Bluewhores gona sit back and whore even more kills.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 18:47 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Keep in mind that adding/removing caches and change the spawn time depends on the map and not gamemode, this means that is up to the mapper and any change requires the client to update his files, while only changing code requires no download and I'm allowed to mess with.

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
Idk what "1 cache" would solve tbh. It would "dumb" the gamemode down to make it easier/more obvious/give less possibility for tactical decisions.

I don't like being killed in insurgency, weapon wise it's unbalanced but thats not why I hate the game, I feel that its not fair only one team having the power to decide when to attack or not.
With two caches you can literally be defending a cache for 30 minutes w/o a single contact and finally when you decide to move to the other cache or restart your IEDs you see yourself dead and a single guy taking the cache.

Having 1 cache, means that there will be no boring part, they (blufor) have to attack sooner or later. Maybe even adding a timer 45m to take a cache.

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
*comparing INS with AAS*

You're comparing AAS with INS and there it is, people don't mind to be the ARF in AAS because they can "control" the game even without the cool kits in INS that's impossible.

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
Also: 1 cache, same 1km/2km map from 0.97 and  more insurgents due to 100m hideout radius all on a 100 player server. No thank you. Bluewhores gona sit back and whore even more kills.

Maybe, that's why we need to test.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 18:51 
Grunt
Grunt

1.0 is too spammy already. if you funnel 100p into 1 cache with greater respawn capabilities for insurgents it wont end well. Im not saying we shouldt test it. im just not getting my hopes up thinking that that change will improve insurgency.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 19:07 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

That's why attempt 2-3 add the CNC part to make sure blufor leaves a few squads in the fob, and insurgents also drops a fre defenders to attack that objective.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 19:18 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

What about  instead of  one 'cache' ,4 caches would exist in the buildings close byi? That way you need to clear way more as BLUFOR and cant just pin down one building, unless very organized and take them one-by-one.
And if BLUFOR destroys these 4 'subcaches' , it counts as one cache.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 21:56 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

It already has been submitted, but it is time to review the caches if we switch to only 1 known at a time. I mean, if the only cache known is in a spot that is too hard for BluFor to take, it's just as bad as a cache that is in the open. And brooklyn has a lot of good points. Maps that haven't been updated in so long and only using 1 cache without the objective is as he said, will only bring everyone to the same spot.

As for the armor thing, what would be great would be a limited amount of assets (EX: Fallujah, 1 tank no respawn and 1 apc with 1 respawn). For air assets, i would say 1 spawns right away (no respawn) and another spawns 30 minutes later or 1 hour later, (no respawn).

Would it be possible to have seperate subforum for this since it is getting big? We could be discussing each point separately.

My points:
-Remove mortars
-Objective (flag or FOB) for Blu and OpFor
-Change assets spawn time and amount
-Review all the maps and cache locations
- 1 cache only
-more to come

Last edited by hotfranc on 05 Sep 2014, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 22:24 
Grunt
Grunt

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:
20 min respawn on heavy assets should be in PR in general, not just INS.

Yeah it used to be like that, but they shortened the times in their "needs more spam" changes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next