PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

[Brainstorming] 3dAC and Insurgency

Post subject: Re: 3dAC and Insurgency
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 01:26 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

UTurista wrote:
hotfranc wrote:
1) Make civi cars worth intel points (-10 if points the car destroyed is stationary for 5+ mins)
2) Cars count people inside as civies unless they have a weapon selected
3) if cars come within 100 or 150m radius of BluFor, car is free of all ROE. 
1) Nice feature but wouldn't change gameplay
2) Don't think its possible, I think the engine only allows to see how many people are in the car, not their kits.
3) Don't agree with magic radius, and this is impractical seeing that IRL you can make road blocks but not in PR.

Ok, i understand, the point i was trying to express is the fact that insurgents have no way to move around the map and i think the civi car is an overlooked factor and can be something to help revamping the INS gamemode.

Fixed the quote /Age

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 03:09 
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

People are difficult to change, even more so over the internet. I know some maps are almost guaranteed blufor win, but other maps just need a more coordinated team. To be honest, it's a question of what is easier to change. The maps or the players. This is the key to PR at the moment, and not just in insurgency. We have to ask ourselves, with the current deterioration of gameplay, what can be done to fix it?

The way I see it the game is being played incorrectly (and sadly many devs don't know how to play it themselves). With this new influx of players, there is little community strength available to mold them into players deserving of this great game.To make Insurgency more of a challenge the standard layers need to have more limited Blufor assets. Either that, or increase the power of IEDs.

As per the idea of increasing spawn time by a massive 15 seconds for the team every time a civvie is killed, I would just like to say: we do not live in a perfect universe. I don't want to wait 10 years to spawn, thank you.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 07:23 
Supreme Commanding Officer

They only things I see being changed on maps would be DoD's like on Kozelsk where both teams are forces to go trough a chokepoint. This would allow the INS team to ambush. Other than that only reducing the view distance on maps like Archer but we cant play all INS maps with the view distance of BG INS. OMG night layers... no.

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 08:38 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Problem is players.
Nobody has the patience to carfully develope a defense, position themselves, lay down proper ambushes and wait for BluFor. What happens is, 50 people spawn on the cache and start roaming around like a horde of ants, water container IED's that get planted end up killing friendlies, the teamwork is not existing, everything is so chaotic that a squad of 3 cool BluFor people can just walk in to the cache and kill it while APC's outside just farm the people running around and gather intel-points in no-time.

Major problem why people hate playing as Insurgents is that they either have to wait ages or they end up being killed by superior weaponry.

Don't really know how to address this. Maybe an objective for the Insurgents, like one flag to attack. If they have the flag capped, BluFor APC spawn is blocked (for example). Or adjust body armor of Insurgents. Or increase springting speed. Or add more scoped kits.  And remove Operation Archer from INS map pool.

Still think an organized INS team can do really really well even in the current version.
I tried playing as civi on Basrah the other day, it was easy as fuck to get killed. I just walked towards them, they shot me 4 consecutive times.

Quote:
For any civilian killed, the maximum distance that the cache's icon could be, would increment by 50m with a limit of  a qarter of the of the map's size. (1Km = 250m, 2km= 500m, 4km = 1km )

I like that.

I would also like a dynamic punishment system: 
Kill civi right on cache = No punishment
Kill civi far away from cache = Very high punishment

+ 1 to Stealth's points.
Putting 20 civis in a bombtruck and getting it killed by APC is just against everything this game stands for.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 10:24 
Grunt
Grunt

call me crazy but why does bluefor need fobs in insurgency??

having them only able to spawn in main would not only be realistic (which nobody seems to care about anyway anymore) but also would increase the value of life for the bluefor side (which is nonexistant in 1.0). Squads would be forced to think and develop ways of approaching the caches instead of setting up a fob 2 grids away and walking in directly like bots on a coop server.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 10:35 

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

Actually an interesting idea. So the INF really need to stick to the APC/IFV to have a spawnpoint. The INS team can try to cut of their supplylines.

Best idea so far!

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 11:15 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

Would need to add choppers to every map but even then demanding players to trust pilots and/or APC drivers would be risky.

Ofc this would add a goal to insurgents, killing choppers and APCs would have a direct influence in the reinforcement capability of Blufors.

edit:
Murkey wrote:
Would it be possible to prevent a blue-for player from using any kit for 5 minutes after killing a civi...

This is already implemented, at least for crewman. When the gunner re spawns with a civilian in its kill count, he cannot request a crewman kit right away.

===
Also, I created this page at http://prinsurgency.ideascale.com/ that allows up/down voting ideas, should be easier to discuss there.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 13:51 
Grunt
Grunt

UTurista wrote:
Would need to add choppers to every map but even then demanding players to trust pilots and/or APC drivers would be risky.

Ofc this would add a goal to insurgents, killing choppers and APCs would have a direct influence in the reinforcement capability of Blufors.

Most INS maps are 2km. You could easily walk from main, and on that journey you could talk to your squad about random shit.

Also, I would support the "one cache" idea only if the maps are redone and all the very easy and impossibly hard caches are removed.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 14:03 
OA

++ faster insurgents with more stamina (no body armour)
+ proper arty IEDs for insurgent sapper again - not rewarding to rig up roads atm
+++ no fobs for bluefor - makes APCs more valuable and they might end up doing what they are intended for; less idle for trans; more interteam coordination ???
+ nerfed view distance for certain maps like archer
+++ for any civilian killed, the maximum distance that the cache's icon could be, would increment by 50m with a limit of  a qarter of the of the map's size. (1Km = 250m, 2km= 500m, 4km = 1km ) - best suggestion so far imo
-> +  one cache at a time
-> ++ civilian class again, no kit drop to become civvie (prevents exploits) - might encourage more ppl to go civvie since some dont know how to atm

^this

Last edited by blackfish_ on 02 Aug 2014, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 14:27 
OA

Brooklyn-Tech wrote:

^This!

Also, i find it quite hard to set hideouts as INS. Most of the time you only get max 2 hideouts close to the cache which is just to few. When you get lucky and theres no retarded SQL who builds a hiedout right next to the cache you maybe can set up a triangle with spawnpoints around the objective.

But thats almost impossible on maps like Fallujah because the map is just to small. The distance between hideouts should be depending on mapsize. Another point is the number of hideouts. In my opinion opfor should be able to spawn everywhere, its their city.

- no FOBs for bluefor
- more hideouts for opfor
- smaller distance between hideouts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next