PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

[Brainstorming] 3dAC and Insurgency

Post subject: Re: 3dAC and Insurgency
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 12:51 
Grunt
Grunt

• Removing-Mortars ( needs python coding )
  • 1-Cache ( possible with server side changes )
  • Re-design cache locations ( needs the editor files and the original mapper permission )  
  • Made insurgents quicker ( only can be done through client side patch )  
  • Bring back the Arty IED (Buff the current one) ( only can be done through client side patch )
  • Prevent the destruction of transportations ( needs python coding )
  • Killing Civilians =Insta-kill ( possible with server side changes ) # but this is so unrealistic , because IRL no country will sentence his own soldiers to death for killing civilians in a war zone !
  • Killing Civilians = spawn delay ( possible with server side changes )
  • Killing Civilians = inaccurate Cache marker ( needs very complex python coding )
  • Removing Fobs for Blufor ( needs python coding )
  • Smaller distance between fobs ( needs python coding )
  • Creation of an Objective to Opfor ( needs very complex python coding )
_ So as you can see , most of this changes only can be done by a very good python coder ! even within DEVs team only 2 guys can really code this kind of stuff : dbzao & AncientMan ! which unfortunately none of them works on PR development anymore ! :( so if you really want to see any changes in insurgency mode , you should start with small changes that can be done by community members !
What I think really needs to be fixed is the balance between the 2 teams power ! most of the INS maps are made based on the actual conflicts back in 2004 , but a lot of things changed since then ! the new Iraqi insurgent (ISIS) are a lot more powerful and really well armed now ( + ) ! Iraqi army with unscoped western and local weapons ( + )( + ) and lite APCs ( +) replaced the US & British force in fight with insurgent ! even in Gaza hamas is a lot better equipped and armed compare to 2004 ( +)  ! this facts can ( and should ) be used to make the insurgency mode more balanced and fun to play ! 8-)

SAM

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 13:52 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

SAM609 wrote:
  • Killing Civilians =Insta-kill ( possible with server side changes ) # but this is so unrealistic , because IRL no country will sentence his own soldiers to death for killing civilians in a war zone !

Fallujah West Insurgency standard, we were playing as Blufor when came across 3 civilians, unfortunately our breather was AFK and they were clearly luring us in to a PKM so we left them alone until our saw AR [OD-S] Headless decided to murder those 3 guys. IRL should he be sentence?

Regarding the python code, every piece of it already exists its just a matter of re-using.
  • Removing-Mortars ( needs python coding )
  • 1Km maps there isn't already mortars, we just need to convert to insurgency and not size

• Re-design cache locations ( needs the editor files and the original mapper permission
  •  Pretty sure this is in the gameobjects.con and we shouldn't need the mapper permission, we're not changing the map.

• Prevent the destruction of transportations ( needs python coding ) I agree and shouldn't be easy

• Don't agree, killing civilians is subject to court law, and MEDIA

• Killing Civilians = inaccurate Cache marker ( needs very complex python coding )
  • Isnt the inaccuracy of the cache marker already implemented? We just need to find the distance variable and bind it with the killing civilians event

• Removing Fobs for Blufor ( needs python coding )
  • CNC code.

• Creation of an Objective to Opfor ( needs very complex python coding )
  • CNC/AAS code, but yes hard.

But what matters is the Devs mentality, they already have received good ideias but wont accept those because they believe its not the gameplay they want. My concept is to make a letter, convinced them and only then we need to think in How to implement but even then we need them to "release" the python files.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 14:29 
Grunt
Grunt

UTurista wrote:
SAM609 wrote:

Fallujah West Insurgency standard, we were playing as Blufor when came across 3 civilians, unfortunately our breather was AFK and they were clearly luring us in to a PKM so we left them alone until our saw AR [OD-S] Headless decided to murder those 3 guys. IRL should he be sentence?
Yes , he should be punished , but not by insta-death ! I think a long spawn delay and kit restriction should be enough ! if the guy is so retarded that he keep killing the civis after that punishment , you just can report him to admins to be kicked out of the server ! simple and easy !!

UTurista wrote:
But what matters is the Devs mentality, they already have received good ideias but wont accept those because they believe its not the gameplay they want. My concept is to make a letter, convinced them and only then we need to think in How to implement but even then we need them to "release" the python files.

Convincing the DEVs that they need to change some stuff in INS mode would be really hard , but we can try and hope for the best !
BTW I have all the python files ( including all the disassembled version of compiled ones ) ;)

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 16:09 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

Exactly my way of thinking.

SAM609 wrote:
Yes , he should be punished , but not by insta-death ! I think a long spawn delay and kit restriction should be enough ! if the guy is so retarded that he keep killing the civis after that punishment , you just can report him to admins to be kicked out of the server ! simple and easy !!

SAM, you scare me. I had no idea you are a hardcore programmer :D

What do you know about uranium centrifuge embedded control systems?

SAM609 wrote:
Convincing the DEVs that they need to change some stuff in INS mode would be really hard , but we can try and hope for the best !
BTW I have all the python files ( including all the disassembled version of compiled ones ) ;)

"Killing is negotiation."--Black Hawk Down, Abdullah 'Firimbi' Hassan

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 23:51 
Grunt
Grunt

Age wrote:
Sibren wrote:
I welcome any changes making INS more alike to AAS, but shouldn't you guys bring this up to the PR-DEVs?
UTurista wrote:
My idea, if you guys are up for it, is to make a "letter" to the dev team with the changes we think this game mode needs, but first we need to actually think in these changes.

assuming the DEVs care about this game

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 05:38 
Supreme Commanding Officer
Supreme Commanding Officer

Anything python related can also be done by [R-DEV]Zwilling or [R-CON]Mats, who is faster than light. Also Onil's PR:Z coder Hajid (?). The problem is not the python coding, more to provide a working concept. So we need to get stuff worked out, on paper then get in contact with some coders, do the changes and run a gameplay test. That would be the fastest way I guess, otherwise making a suggestion in the PR forums and get the support and opinion of the rest of the PR community, that will take longer tho.

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 11:47 
OA

*A wild italian appears*

-Punishing blufor for kiling civvies, what about not being able to use any kit for some time, you're basically forced to drop your weapon/ get out of your vehicle if you kill a civvie. I think it's a good compromise between "Fallujah IRL" and "insta-death of doom".

- Sending a letter to the devs, i think we need numbers on our side first, just spread the idea between the other clans so that the devs can't really ignore 100+ players with an actually good suggestion.

-Blufor mortars, i think they should be replaced by a light off-map artillery: its accuracy can be "easily" scripted, same goes for its reload time and overall efficiency.

*A wild italian disappears*

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 13:34 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Pusc wrote:
what about not being able to use any kit for some time

After death? or in that exact moment? Currently this is already implemented, If you kill a civilian you can't have a special kit for 5 minutes after re spawn. At lest as an APC Gunner.
If the time would increase to 15m I would say it could make a change but unfortunately you team member could request the kit for you.
So messing with kits is not really a good thing.

Pusc wrote:
Blufor mortars, i think they should be replaced by a light off-map artillery: its accuracy can be "easily" scripted, same goes for its reload time and overall efficiency.

+1

What if instead of punishing Blu-for players we decrease the spawn time for OpFor?

Killing civilians would decrease 5s of spawn time until a minimum of 10s for the entire team. 
This would make Blufor's life harder seeing that they would have to fight more enemies.
For every X insurgents killed the spawn delay would increase Y seconds until reach normality.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 14:22 
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Decreasing Spawn time for insurgents wouldn't be helpful. The insurgents would just spam themselves more at the enemy, and thus lose more intel quicker.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 16:06 
Grunt
Grunt

insurgents need cover.... and it's gonna be hard to give it to them...

I'm no mapper, or DEV, or anything. How much of an impact would increasing the amount of bushes and some simple statics like boxes would have on performance, fps, and stability of maps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next