PRT

PR Time
Next event
Days
Hours
Min
Sec
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

[Brainstorming] 3dAC and Insurgency

Post subject: Re: 3dAC and Insurgency
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 19:13 
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

Apparently it affects it quite significantly ! But don't quote me on that. Needs a more experienced person to confirm this.

Insurgency can only be fixed in one of two ways:

1) Improve the way the community plays the game.

2) Nerf Blufor.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 20:57 
OA

UTurista wrote:
Pusc wrote:
what about not being able to use any kit for some time

After death? or in that exact moment? Currently this is already implemented, If you kill a civilian you can't have a special kit for 5 minutes after re spawn. At lest as an APC Gunner.
If the time would increase to 15m I would say it could make a change but unfortunately you team member could request the kit for you.
So messing with kits is not really a good thing.
I'm talking about being forced to drop your kit if you kill a martyr, and not being able to request and use any other kits for a certain amount of time.
I have no idea how difficult it is to implement, or if it's even possible.

It would be nice to have some deployable assets for OPFOR too, like some sort of barricade (like a mortar pit without the mortar itself, so that you don't need to create new models), a czech hedgehog (it's their true name, i swear!), an unprotected HMG emplacement, maybe even a ZPU-4 which needs a very long time to be built.

Not 100% sure about this, but giving the B-10 recoiless gun (NVA HAT) to Talibans (which they use irl) could be useful to a certain degree too, having a much longer range than the RPG7 and a scope.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 13:23 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Pusc wrote:
I'm talking about being forced to drop your kit if you kill a martyr, and not being able to request and use any other kits for a certain amount of time.
I have no idea how difficult it is to implement, or if it's even possible.

It would be nice to have some deployable assets for OPFOR too, like some sort of barricade (like a mortar pit without the mortar itself, so that you don't need to create new models), a czech hedgehog (it's their true name, i swear!), an unprotected HMG emplacement, maybe even a ZPU-4 which needs a very long time to be built.

Not 100% sure about this, but giving the B-10 recoiless gun (NVA HAT) to Talibans (which they use irl) could be useful to a certain degree too, having a much longer range than the RPG7 and a scope.

Forced to drop the kit, would not be an horrible idea, its the not as extremist as the insta-death. The not able to request kits is easily exploitable.

And yes insurgents should have, at least, access to sand walls, and maybe a  HMG without cover but that would need to be done.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 14:57 
Supreme Commanding Officer

What about Burning Sands INS? Where GB needs to hold at least one flag in the city? I've only played that layout once so my experiance is not really significant.
The map itself isn't really working for INS since there is a lot of open ground but since GB is forced to fight in the city the are loosing some tickets there.

Should we play it on NEW this thursday?

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 16:03 

Curry-Chicken wrote:
What about Burning Sands INS? Where GB needs to hold at least one flag in the city? I've only played that layout once so my experiance is not really significant.
The map itself isn't really working for INS since there is a lot of open ground but since GB is forced to fight in the city the are loosing some tickets there.

Should we play it on NEW this thursday?

Curry.

Yes plz.

Also with that. Couldn't we technically copy the code relevant for the Blufor flag. Paste it into other maps (edit location obviously) and run an event where Blufor needs to hold a flag in INS too.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 16:14 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Plz no, burning sands INS doesn't work. It feels like a complete unbalanced skirmish map, but the concept is what Insurgency needs.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 17:25 

UTurista wrote:
Plz no, burning sands INS doesn't work. It feels like a complete unbalanced  skirmish map, but the concept is what Insurgency needs.

I'm going to add flags to other INS maps. 3 of them for an event. Give me suggestions for maps now!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 17:41 
Grunt
Grunt

Brooklyn's idea of removing the FOBs from Blufor is a really good one, it would really emphasize the importance of transport, co-operation with vehicles and infantry and teamwork on Blufor side while making them much more vulnerable to ambushes. It would bring more 'traffic' on the roads leading out of main and on certain choke points, which makes laying down IEDs and setting up ambushes less of a gamble in regards to gaming time for insurgents. Blufor would have to choose between guarding the choke points they want to use and risking getting ambushed at them.

I also like the idea of Blufor having to build/capture and defend a single FOB on the map to prevent ticket bleed. It will reduce the available force they can have attacking the cache and also bring an element of base attacks that is lacking and create a lot of good ambushing ground on the supply route between Blufor main and the FOB.

The main thing I guess is to reduce the Blufor dominance of the map by removing the ability to build multiple FOBs, it should be 100% insurgent country apart from the small area their FOB covers as it is in real life. Less Blufor spawn points, more Insurgent spawn points and mobility. Blufor should be much more dependent on vehicles and supply than insurgents.

As for the other ideas thrown around such as making civie vehicles count as negative intel score, I like most of them. However, insta-death from killing a civilian is not only ridiculously unrealistic, but rage-inducing, frustrating and breeding ground for a myriad of new civvie exploits which I think we've seen enough already.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 18:38 

Marlin?

Curry.

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 21:35 
Grunt
Grunt

i dont think that giving bluefor a defensive objective is a good idea. I played burning sands ins only once and my conclusion was the bluefor has NO chance to win. I think that removing the fobs for bluefor will be enough of a problem for them.

As far as civies go, they're pretty powerful already if done correctly.
As far as changes go, I think the "punishment" should be 75% against the player and 25% against the team. I think now it's the opposite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next