Days
Hours
Min
Sec

[Event] PR:Z Gameplay Test

Post subject: Re: PR:Z Gameplay Test
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2013, 00:18 
OA

My point was quite simple... these events can be organized elsewhere but they are not. That is exactly because 3dAC showed interest in organizing them and provided the resources needed, which I'm thankful for. You can post smartass remarks all you want but the reality is that the SGE's brought and continue to bring good publicity to the clan due to being organized by it.

However, one thing is to actually organize something, the other is to support it with the necessary resources for it to be organized (as in "powered/sponsored by"). Resources are nothing at all if there are no players to actually use them and a minimod cannot be developed to the point of hosting successful events unless it is supported by proper testing. Which isn't happening due to lack of effort... 15 users signed in so far... from that, only 8 are 3dAC. How big is your clan...?

The few members of the clan interested in the events obviously want to play in them but not have the responsibility of administrating them. I can live with that... But when it comes to testing the game-play in order to actually get the minimod working, the support has been unreliable and almost non-existent. The only person that has truly helped this project from the start is Blip  and that is because he's in charge of the server which the clan has kindly provided.

As I told Curry... the lack of support for the SGE's wasn't a big issue but for PR:Z it will definitely be. Specially if PR:Z becomes popular and regular, since it would continue to only be hosted in a 3dAC server and not shared. That would however require testers, seeders and admins... [moderated]

Last edited by xact on 25 Oct 2013, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Watch your manners.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2013, 18:36 

Quite frankly Onil, I think you invested into 3dac at an uncertain time in the Project Reality timeline.

All clans are showing disinterest or are disillusioned with PR for one reason or another, many of which are technical. I think if you want to see success for the mini-mod, you are going to have to put forth more effort (of what little is left) and go to other clans and players as you find them.

If your teaser media is at all accurate, you have got something special here. Don't let the entire project have a single point of catastrophic failure, branch out.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 12:27 
Non-commissioned Officer
Non-commissioned Officer

Onil, I'm looking forward to the event, as are others, and I will try to be part of it.

I think I speak for all SGE enthusiasts at 3dAC, NEW And KSK when stating we appreciate the work you (and others) have put into developing the mod.

If 3dAC support does not meet your expectations, writing about it in this thread is not going to solve anything.

EDIT: I'm moderating this thread to keep it on-topic and remove potential for e-drama. Warnings have been sent to respective parties.

"Killing is negotiation."--Black Hawk Down, Abdullah 'Firimbi' Hassan

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 13:55 
OA

Acemantura wrote:
Quite frankly Onil, I think you invested into 3dac at an uncertain time in the Project Reality timeline.

All clans are showing disinterest or are disillusioned with PR for one reason or another, many of which are technical.  I think if you want to see success for the mini-mod, you are going to have to put forth more effort (of what little is left) and go to other clans and players as you find them.

If your teaser media is at all accurate, you have got something special here.  Don't let the entire project have a single point of catastrophic failure, branch out.

Other clans have been contacted, mostly 3dAC allies, as well as the ones that are still in the Survivors user-group as they played in previous events.

However, most are the same way... unreliable when it comes to organized event participation. No-one seems to be able to plan/decide anything in advance, its always a last minute type of thing. And that unfortunately doesn't work well in projects like this, specially because I have to setup the server settings (kit amounts) in advance according to the approximate number of players present.

[R-DEV]Afterdune will be present to evaluate the mini-mod and provide some feedback, I would very much like to be able to show him proper game-play but that requires at the very least 25 players (ideally would be 30 to 35).

At this moment there are about 10 and most are a 50/50 chance of showing up. yay....

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 17:31 
OA

Keep in mind that you should show half an hour earlier for installation and briefing so that we can hopefully start playing at 18h00.