[News] [SQUAD] Kickstarter Campaign Announcement

Post subject: [SQUAD] Kickstarter Campaign Announcement
PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 10:46 
Supreme Commanding Officer
Supreme Commanding Officer

Crowdfunding

Kickstarter Campaign

[3dAC] Inhouse discussion: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4114

The Squad development team is excited to announce that within the next 7 days we will be launching our Kickstarter Campaign!

This will be your opportunity to become a Founding Member of Squad and have an impact on the success of this project.

We have been very overwhelmed to date by the level of excitement and passion people have shown for the project and we hope everyone is ready to take this next giant step with us. It is going to take a lot of energy and we are relying on you guys to help us through this campaign.

If you ever wanted to scream, shout or generally be annoying about how much you want to see Squad as a finished game, now is the time. Please help us by spreading the word through all your various media channels and keep them linked back to our forums so we can help amplify their effectiveness.

For us this is the first chance to really bring this thing to life and possibly be given the opportunity to dedicate ourselves full time to making this Squad project a reality.

And just to get you guys warmed up, here are a list of our base donor tiers and approx how much you can expect them to cost. (all costs in USD)

Once again, we appreciate everyones excitement and energy and we are ready to start this journey with all of you. Please show us your support and help our collective voices rattle the cages of the video game world. Squad is coming!
Squad Dev Team

"When he took time to help the man up the mountain, he scaled it himself." - Tibetan Proverb

Join the Discussion >>

[3dAC] Inhouse discussion: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4114

Warrior: Like a very rude sand storm!

Post subject: Re: [SQUAD] Kickstarter Campaign Announcement
PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 14:55 
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Quote:
IrOnTaXi, em 20 Mai 2015 - 09:31 AM, disse:
Couple points of clarification.

1. All packages( besides $5) include the full game. No paid DLCs. We would like to secure enough money between Kickstarter and Early Access to fund the games life cycle.

2. Clans are welcome to PM me and we can make specific deals for larger clans. It's not a problem at all.

3. I wish we would could accomodate different payment methods and currency in kickstarter but we can't. We will be selling these packages directly from our site as well. (But for obvious hype reasons we prefer kickstarter)

4. Release timings are obviously in the air at the moment. The results of the kickstarter will largely dictate the speed at which we can get rolling. Closed pre-alpha we be immediately after kS ( 1 month for KS)

5. We are absolutely open to other level and tier ideas. Our big concern is getting too many people in too fast. We place a high premium on stability of product over graphics, effects etc.

Give us the time, we will give you an awesome product.

Ps. Yes that map is kohat. We started playing it recently.. just wow.. fun stuff. The engine is starting to mature. Opening possibilities

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 15:16 
Grunt
Grunt

Quote:
[font=arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif]$150k is our base stretch to Early Access. (ie nothing changes and we carry on at our current pace)[/font]
[font=arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif]If we get into the 300-500k range it let's us bring some guys on full time. [/font]

So that will be their goals with the Kickstarter program:)

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 23:11 
Grunt
Grunt

I will not attend to this kickstart. My computer can't handle this so not too hyped up yet. Maybe some day when I get my lazy ass to look at new components and such.

(I need to think about this few days, 50e is pretty much right now)